Meredith Covid Resources
Things to Remember…
As we return to having students in person 5 days a week, please keep these things in mind:
- Please do not send your student to school with any signs of illness. This would include headache, runny nose, cough, fever of 100.4 or greater, sore throat, stomachache. If your student shows any of these signs please contact your healthcare provider for further guidance.
- If anyone in the household has tested positive for COVID-19 please let the nurse know and keep your student home even if they do not have symptoms.
- Please send a reusable water bottle to school with your student every day. Water fountains will continue not be available; however, bottle filling stations will be.
- It may not be possible to maintain a 6-foot distance at all times, so it is even more important that everyone wear masks. All staff and students will continue to wear masks all day, except during mealtimes. Please note that neck gaiters are not acceptable, and the students mask will need to be two layers of fabric and cover their mouth and nose at all times.
- If your student is unable to come to school, and/or participate in virtual learning, please call the school to let us know. We will have questions about symptoms, and the nurse will follow up with you on your student’s symptoms as well. Please ensure all phone numbers in infinite campus are up to date and accurate.
- If your student develops symptoms of illness during the school day, it is important that they are picked up as soon as possible. Please prepare for this scenario before the school day so a ride home for your student can arrive promptly.
Resources from Nurse Jackson
- Click here for a flow chart to learn if your child should go to school today.
- Click here to learn more about symptoms of Covid-19.
- Click here for a chart to track you and your families symptoms.
- Click here for information on how to properly wear mask.
- Click here to learn more about Quarantine vs. Isolation
Resources for our Meredith Families
- Click Here for information and resources related to Covid-19, translated into:
Arabic, Burmese, Chinese, Hmong, Karen, Kinyarwanda, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Tigrinya, and Vietnamese.
- Click here for DMPS information and updates.
If you need immediate assistance:
- Emergency – Call: 911
- Iowa Coalition Against Sexual Assault (IowaCASA), Iowa Victim Service Hotline – Call: 1-800-770-1650 Text: IOWAHELP to 20121
- Crisis and Support YouthLine – Call: (877.968.8491) Text: teen2teen to (839863)
- Crisis, Support, LGBTQ The Trevor Project – Call: (866-488-7386) Text: START to (678678)
- Drugs and Alcohol Education, Treatment and Referral National Drug Helpline – Call: (844-289-0879)